Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament is every Friday from 8:30am to 7pm in the St. Lucy Chapel.
All are welcome to spend an hour with Jesus.
Contact the parish office at 856-767-0719 to commit to a particular hour of adoration.
The Most Holy Body and Blood, Corpus Christi
Mass and Procession, June 23, 2019
“The Church and the world have a great need for Eucharistic worship. Jesus awaits us in this Sacrament of love. Let us not refuse the time to go meet Him in Adoration, in contemplation full of faith, and open to making amends for the serious offenses and crimes of the world. Let our Adoration never cease.” Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1380
What to do in Adoration?
- Pray the Psalms or the Liturgy of the Hours. Whether you are praising, giving thanks, asking for forgiveness or seeking an answer, you’ll find an appropriate psalm. The ancient prayer of the Church, called the Liturgy of the Hours, presents an excellent way to pray through the book of Psalms throughout the year.
- Recite the “Jesus Prayer.” Say “Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner,” repeatedly as you quiet your heart and mind.
Six Reasons to Spend One Hour with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament:
- He is really there!
- Day and night Jesus dwells in the Blessed Sacrament because of His infinite love for you.
- The specific way that Jesus asks you to love Him in return is to spend one quiet hour with Him in the Blessed Sacrament.
- When you look upon the Sacred Host, you look upon Jesus, the Son of God.
- Each moment that you spend in His Eucharistic Presence will increase His Divine Life within you and deepen your personal relationship and friendship with Him.
- Each hour you spend with Jesus will deepen His Divine Peace in your heart.